연구 자료

‘연구자료’는 <혐오시대, 인문학의 대응> 아젠다 연구의 전문적인 성과를 포함해서 국내외 주요 관련 연구 자료로 구성된다.

버지니아 울프의 비인간 등장인물과 포스트휴머니즘
  • 저자박형신
  • 발행처 한국영미어문학회
  • 발행연도2021
  • 작성언어국문
  • 키워드 버지니아 울프,「큐 국립식물원」,『플러쉬』, 비인간 등장인물, 동물-되기, 함께-되기, 포스트휴머니즘, 의인화
  • 자료형태논문
  • 수록면영미어문학 제143호, pp.45~74

조회

Engaging Virginia Woolf’s short fiction “Kew Gardens” and her canine biography Flush as the important texts by which to study the narrative status of non-human characters, this paper aims to investigate possibilities and limitations in representing the subjectivities of non-human characters such as snail and Cocker Spaniel. Posthumanist theories will require close attention in research on how to represent the subjectivity of other species in human language. First, I will focus on comparative analysis of Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari’s becoming-animal and Donna Haraway’s becoming-with. Second, through the conceptual understanding of transdisciplinarity of Cary Wolfe’s, I will explain the significance of reading Woolf’s modernist narrative from Posthumanist perspective. Lastly, I will evaluate the potentiality of Woolf’s non-human characters in terms of a challenge to anthropocentric conceptualizations. Woolf anthropomorphizes the snail as an agency with her imaginative becoming-with. Flush, the canine protagonist is also anthropomorphized to validate the relationship of companion species. Woolf’s non-human characters become with the human characters and in the narrative space, once decentered, the human is relocated.

목차

1. 들어가며
2. 포스트휴머니즘 속 동물-되기와 함께-되기
3. 「큐 국립식물원」: 달팽이 되기 또는 함께-되기
4. 『플러쉬』: 동물-되기와 함께-되기
5. 나오며
인용문헌

아카이빙 정보